Kitchen renovation costs can add up quickly. That doesn’t mean that the renovations cannot be done without breaking the bank, and there are many ways to save money while having it still look like you have a brand-new kitchen. Figuring out what needs to be done, and how to do it on a budget doesn’t have to be difficult. Keeping in mind the following tips will ensure that you get your brand-new kitchen and still have money in the bank.
- You can change your cabinets for a minimal cost. Things like utilising the floor models at the store can cut costs quite a bit. Can’t find discounted or floor models you like? You can always update the cabinets without starting from scratch. Just changing the doors can change the overall look and save a significant amount of money-
especially if the cabinets are still in a relatively good condition. Still beyond your budget? A new coat of paint or refinishing can make a huge impression. Still looking for something more budget friendly, just changing the hardware on the doors can update the looks.
- Change up your appliances. Going from older style appliances to more modern stainless steel can give your kitchen an updated look without a huge price tag. Need something more budget friendly? Eliminate clutter- create a minimalist look by decluttering and hiding appliances away in cupboards. This can give you the updated look for almost no cost at all. And it means you can keep your existing appliances.
- Fresh paint on the walls, splash back and even the floor can cut down on kitchen renovation costs. While it’s not a true renovation in the sense of the word, it can give the appearance of it with minimal cost.
- Pick one or two key elements to change. Just changing your kitchen tiles can be enough of a boost if done right. Changing the splash back or the flooring can give the room a more updated appearance. Another large element you can change is the countertops. Going with a different colour palette, or material can make a big impact on a small budget.
- Another major item you can alter without a huge cash requirement is the lighting. Changing up the lighting and how the kitchen is lit can alter the appearance altogether. Placing brighter lights, or changing the fixtures can impact the feel of the entire space. Choosing lighting elements to illuminate specific areas, or even adding under-cabinet lights can change the mood of the space in a budget friendly manner.
Kitchen renovation costs don’t have to break the bank. You can always do it in pieces if that is more fitting of your budget and abilities. A few items at a time, and before long you will have a brand-new kitchen that you love and that gives the appearance of costing much more than it did.
When you are ready to get started with your kitchen renovations, or are looking for ideas on how to update your kitchen on a budget, visit our friendly staff at Wonderful Kitchens and see what we can do to make your kitchen dreams a reality.